Solar Modules in WTP and Government Buildings
- Potential areas for roof top or ground mounted solar power generation identified.
- Initial assessment – total capacity 300 Kw will be installed on government buildings.
- RFP document for Solar PV Panels on 3 WTP with Capacity of 1.29 MW is prepared. Tentative project cost of Rs 5.5 Cr
Project Stage: Agreement with MPUVNL under progress.
Data Assessment for Government Buildings
- Total No. of locations for roof top solar – 38
- Total No Capacity of the proposed system including all 38 buildings – 211 Kw
- Total Units generated in an year – INR 3.08 Lakhs
- Total Annual Savings – INR 22.7 Lakhs
- Total Capital Expenditure – INR 1.25 Crores
- Payback Period of – less than 6 years
Data Assessment for WTPs
- 3 WTPs has been simulated and feasible capacities has been estimated.
- All 3 sites can hold a total capacity of at least 1.4 Mw system
- Undasa Plant – 132 Kw
- Gaughat Plant – 547 Kw
- Ambodia Water treatment Plant – 716 Kw
- Current expenditure of each plant is about INR 3.0 – 3.5 Cr per year
- The project will taken on Capex Model. The project will be awarded for a period of 25 years.
- Annual savings of PHE/UMC will be about 3 crores per year.