Ujjain Smart City installed LED Streetlights-
Streetlight installation was started on 08-Dec-2020. We achieved 16697 in 39 Days and 20455 LED Installed which replaced 17755 conventional lights.
Providing street lighting is one the most important – and expensive – responsibilities. Street lighting is a particularly critical concern for public authorities in Ujjain because of its strategic importance for economic and social stability. Inefficient lighting wastes significant financial resources each year, and poor lighting creates unsafe conditions. Energy efficient technologies and design can cut street lighting costs dramatically (often by 25-60%); these savings can eliminate or reduce the need for new generating plants and provide the capital for alternative energy solutions for populations in remote areas.
These cost savings can also enable municipalities to expand street lighting to additional areas, increasing access to lighting in low-income and other underserved areas. In addition, improvements in lighting quality and expansion in services can improve safety conditions for both vehicle traffic and pedestrians. A well-designed, energy-efficient street lighting system should permit users to travel at night with good visibility, in safety and comfort, while reducing energy use and costs and enhancing the appearance of the neighborhood. Conversely, poorly designed lighting systems can lead to poor visibility or light pollution, or both.
Bullet Points of the Project
- Streetlight installation was started on 08-Dec-2020
- We achieved 16697 in 39 Days
- 20455 LED Installed from which replaced 17755 conventional lights.
- Daily Handover of Old Fixtures in Nagar Nigam Store.
- Daily reporting System with reports
Advantages of Installed LED in Ujjain
- Long Life for 7 years warranty
- Reduced maintenance costs due to long lifetimes (Spares replacement for 7 years)
- LED Installed do not contain toxic chemicals (e.g., mercury)
- No warm up needed (no time delay to reach optimum brightness levels)
- LED Replaced with ultraviolet light (which is what attracts insects)
- Useful for directing light on specific areas, since they produce “directional” light — light emitted in one direction, rather than a diffused glow
- Can be dimmed (unlike CFLs), allowing for flexibility in controlling light levels
- High color index, providing bright, true colors during nighttime hours
- No glare effect, reducing visual fatigue for both drivers and pedestrians