Smart Road – (Street Furniture with Underground Ducting)
Central business district of Ujjain city is a place of mixed use development planned in a grid iron pattern. It is situated in the heart of the city and it became a commercial hub for the city. It is a place which attracts heavy crowd and traffic. Parking, dedicated pedestrian lanes and vending zones are the major issues of this area.
In order to solve all these issues we proposed underground ducting for the strengthening of infrastructure, street furniture to provide beauty & uniformity to the roads and ICT components to make it smart.
The development of Smart Road includes 1.2 km length of road with Tower Chowk (Heritage Building and a landmark).
The major components of the project are:
- Uniformity of the roads & Road markings.
- Junction improvement.
- Dedicated lanes for pedestrian as well as cycling.
- Development of MUZ (Multi Utility Zone) which includes on street 2-wheeler parking, dedicated vending zone, sit-out spaces & landscaping.
- Bio Toilets.
- Cycle docks.
- Smart Bus shelters.
- Dedicated lanes & parking for auto-rickshaws & taxis.
- Four wheeler parking at cut chowks.
ICT components like Smart poles, Security Cameras, etc.