E- Rickshaw App & Ujjayini App is part of USCL Smart Mobility initiative. This is an android based application that will act as a facilitator between the E-rickshaw drivers & citizens. The project proposes deployment of No. 100 E-Rickshaws on PPP basis. Municipal Corporation will provide charging points to the vendors at a very nominal charges. The battery operated vehicles are excellent alternative to petrol/diesel /CNG driven vehicles, are much eco-friendlier. These E-rickshaws are quite cheap and affordable as compared to other vehicles both for the owner and the passengers.
Further, Ujjayini App is a single window app which will provide other facilities as well.
Overview of Web and Mobile Application
- Mobile Application for Citizens. This will work like an umbrella app/single window app and will have following sub parts under it:
- E-Rickshaw Service
- Nearby Dustbin Service
- Mobile Application for E-Rickshaw Driver.
Mobile Application for Citizens:
- Ujjain Smart City Limited is starting with E-rickshaw app for citizens. This app will help citizens to locate nearby e-rickshaws and find estimated distance of vehicle from actual or chosen location. In addition, citizens can see the driver’s contact number, vehicle no. etc.The ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) changes according to the traffic that is tracked using Google Maps. The time can vary by 4-5 minutes depending on the traffic. Commuters can also save their favourite or most used locations on the app and navigate them with ease.
- Nearby Dustbin Service – When citizen will register at that time he/she will be asked to enter his residential address. We will collect coordinates for all dustbins which are kept in the city. Citizen will be able to see nearest dustbin to his residence address and can make nearest dustbin as default bin for him/her. 84 SWM vehicles will be fitted with GPS devices. As the vehicles approach dustbins, citizen will get an alert then he can take relevant action as per his wish.
List of Services for Citizens –
- Information about the buses, search and view bus schedules on various routes and showing ETA based on their real time location
- Planning a trip, including multiple routes on different buses
- Tracking of location in case Panic button is pressed by citizen
- Tracking the nearest bin
- Tracking the vehicle information collecting garbage including real time status
- Tracking various categories of vehicles – and other moveable and non-moveable objects
- Citizen can call to driver of vehicles
- Mobile Application for E-Rickshaw Driver
E-rickshaw drivers can register by entering their mobile number and basic details like name, gender, vehicle no. and address. Following three documents are required to be uploaded in order to get registered on the App:
- Driving License (Mandatory)
- Registration Certificate (Mandatory
- Aadhar Card
Once the driver submits these documents and basic details. It will reflect in following officers’ workflow for approval:
- Ujjain Admin
- Police Department
When all officials approve the application then only a particular E-Rickshaw will be able to set his status as active or inactive in the app. In addition, only approved e-rickshaws will be visible to citizens
E rickshaw App Features
- Mobile application for E-Rickshaw Operators – to do Registration & Deregistration of E-Rickshaw. The app also gives ability to hide or show the rickshaws on map to the drivers. Citizens will have an option to search rickshaws in nearby areas or location of their choice. Application will have detailed information about E-rickshaw driver including his contact number, name, etc.
- Mobile application for Drivers / Operators and Cleaners of Buses / Municipal Vehicles / Other vehicles to enable them to find out their routes, schedules, time delays, performance, etc.
- Mobile application will be able to work on low internet bandwidth (2G connections).
- Mobile application will support minimum version of Android 4.0.3 (ICE_CREAM_SANDWICH) and above